Africa Media Development Foundation (AMDF) invites nominations from the public for its Bagauda Kaltho Courage in Journalism Award.
Submission period: 1st – 29th February, 2020
The Award seeks to honour journalists who have demonstrated courage, integrity and have promoted the cause of press freedom in their respective locations.
These courageous journalists often put their lives in danger and need to be recognised for their perseverance and bravery in doing their work – regardless of the consequences.
- Only journalists working in Kaduna, Nigeria will be accepted for the year 2020 Award
- All nominations must be in English Language.
- A maximum of one nomination is allowed per person.
- 3 finalists will be announced based on nominations and their names posted on the AMDF website for online voting to select the winner.
- AMDF reserves the right to disqualify any nomination if, in its opinion, there exists any reasonable doubt about the authenticity, or accuracy of information submitted.
- Award recipient must be seen as a Nigerian journalist exhibiting high ethical conduct and professional standard in carrying out his/her works.
- AMDF reserves the right to withdraw the award at any point in time, based on misconduct of the recipient, or if information supplied leading to the award, is found to be false.
Only nominations received by the deadline will be treated.