The Imagely Fund is inviting proposals from all around the world to support photographers who are undertaking important projects that can move the needle of public awareness for major humanitarian or environmental issues.
- Imagely Fund Grants are in the amount of $5000.
- The funds are intended to help cover the costs of travel, lodging, and related expenses for roughly one-month of full time photography.
- The funds will be disbursed in two portions. Imagely Fellows will receive $4000 up-front prior to the project. The remaining $1000 will be disbursed to the Grantee (winner) upon completion of the project and upon receipt of a photo essay/blog post from the project.
- This grant is open to both professional and emerging photographers from any country, worldwide;
- The grant is focused on environmental and humanitarian photography;
- Applicants must be over 21 years of age and should have a proven ability to produce outstanding imagery and coherent photo essays, as well as the background necessary to carry out the proposed project;
- This means that for photographers planning to complete a project in a country other than their own country of origin, there should be a clear demonstration of preparation for work in that country and preferably some experience in the country or a good deal of experience and understanding of the culture and language/customs.